For years, poor hygiene and a diet consisting of greasy foods were blamed for acne breakouts. But in truth, one of the primary culprits is a hormonal imbalance – which can be successfully cured with an effective hormonal acne treatment. Interestingly, hormones play a direct role in many acne triggers that include an overproduction of sebum, which is naturally produced oil, buildup of P. acne bacteria, irregular shedding of skin cells, and inflammation of the skin. Bur fear not – a synergistic protocol of natural skin care, supplements and lifestyle adjustments will deliver successful results and recover your beautiful complexion!
Unique Challenges That Women Face
Keep in mind that both men and women will benefit from the appropriate hormonal acne treatment, but because women face unique challenges when it comes to hormones, choosing the correct remedy is critical. Although hormones are directly connected to each trigger mentioned above, there are differences in the way they impact skin.
For starters, male hormones known as androgens are found in both men and women. When these hormones become over-stimulated, they cause the sebaceous glands to produce too much sebum. In addition to this, androgens actually alter the development of skin cells that line hair follicles within the skin.
Another key problem for women is perimenopause and menopause. During perimenopause, which occurs prior to actually going through the “change of life”, levels of estrogen and progesterone fluctuates. Then during menopause, both hormones decrease significantly, thereby contributing to the development of acne. Women also go through hormonal imbalances during puberty and pregnancy, making the appropriate hormonal acne protocol essential.
Important Factors to Consider
As shown, there are several different reasons why a woman needs a safe and effective hormonal acne treatment. However, to identify the right solution, several important factors need to be considered such as the following:
- The exact hormonal acne protocol must be based on each woman’s need. This includes skin type, current health-related issues, the type of acne, and even the level of severity.
- For a woman who is trying to conceive or someone already pregnant, it becomes even more important to choose the most appropriate acne treatment for her condition. Obviously, some of the more traditional treatments such as prescription medication are not an option. However, there are topical applications and other remedies made with natural or organic ingredients deemed both safe and effective.
- Because dry skin is a common problem as women age, it is important to choose a treatment that will not cause further dryness or irritation. With so many advances, a woman can actually choose a treatment that fights acne breakouts but also moisturizes the skin.
- It is also common for some adult women to develop a different skin condition known as Rosacea. With this, the skin becomes inflamed and red, which again prompts the need to choose a gentle yet effective treatment, preferably incorporating all natural skin care products.
Helpful Tips to Ensure Success
For men as well – but especially women, the goal is to choose a hormonal acne treatment capable of diminishing a current breakout but also something that can prevent future problems. To accomplish this, the following tips are beneficial.
- Work closely with a qualified medical expert. Whether a conventional, holistic, or homeopathic doctor, a person needs to be evaluated, diagnosed, and treated by a professional with years of experience in dealing with this specific skin condition.
- Regardless of the hormonal acne treatment, an individual’s skin type needs to be considered. For instance, if someone has sensitive skin, the formula needs to be dual purposed. In other words, the acne solution needs to reduce the formation of acne lesions but also minimize any irritation to the skin.
- In addition to choosing a safe and effective treatment, a good daily skincare regimen that consists of cleansing and moisturizing needs to be adopted. Along with this, skin needs to be gently exfoliated once a week to remove dead skin cells.
- If taking a prescription or using an all natural acne solution, directions need to be followed exactly as ordered. As an example, if advised to use a topical treatment, an individual needs to apply the exact amount and only for the specified number of times daily.
- Although tempting, pimples should never be popped, squeezed, or picked. Not only does this promote redness and inflammation, it increases the risk of scarring.
Treating AcneFrom the Inside-Out
Because hormones are a key contributor to acne, a safe and effective hormonal acne treatment can help to diminish the effects of a breakout but also prevent the development of future lesions. Once you find the best treatment for your hormonal acne, you will finally feel confident knowing that your embarrassing affliction is finally under control.
For more information about choosing a hormonal acne treatment, check out the following resources:
Quit Acne ~ Quit Acne is a step by step holistic guide to curing acne by Lauren Geersten, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner
Acne No More Review ~Acne No More – A science-backed holistic acne solution developed by Medical Researcher, Michael Walden
Blue MD Review – Blue MD – at home blue light acne treatment device that destroys acne causing bacteria on contact.
Clear Pores Review ~ Clear Pores – 3 tiered approach to treating acne from the inside-out.
My Face Pillow Review ~ My Face Pillow– Unique, Patented Pillow technology for the ultimate in beauty sleep.