There are literally millions of people who struggle with acne but thankfully, there are now a number of new acne treatments available. For some, breakouts are mild while for others they are serious to the point of leaving unsightly scars. Over the past decade there have been a number of breakthroughs specific to commercial and prescription products used to treat this skin condition. However, because this is still a major problem, safe and effective treatments are constantly being developed to include those made with natural organic skin care ingredients as well.
Changes on the Horizon
There is hope knowing that medical professionals, researchers, and scientists have joined forces in an effort to improve current acne treatments but also devise new solutions. However, it still takes time for any product to reach the market. Even for those made with natural or organic ingredients, there is a ton of research and testing involved, followed by manufacturing before of the new acne treatments are ready for consumer use.
Unfortunately, some doctors continue to recommend solutions that have been around for years. For patients, this means opportunities to benefit from the latest holistic acne treatments are being missed. Because of this, we strongly recommend going to a medical expert who is proactive in treating this and other skin conditions. Keep in mind that only some medical experts are open-minded when it comes to all natural skin care products so you may want to consult a holistic or homeopathic doctor as well.
Key Considerations Before Investing Your Money and Energy
Whether choosing a natural or conventional treatment, there are several factors that need to be considered such as the following:
- Effectiveness – In addition to newer conventional acne treatments being manufactured with chemical ingredients, there are now safer solutions available with natural or organic ingredients. One main difference is that natural/organic products are not governed by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) whereas products containing inorganic ingredients are. However, for both options, a person needs to carefully check consumer reviews and the manufacturing company’s history in an effort to determine if the product works as claimed.
- Convenience – Even the application or delivery system needs to be considered. Whether taking natural or prescription medication or using a topical solution, the product needs to be easy and convenient.
- Price – The cost of the best acne treatments needs to be a worthwhile investment. In other words, a person needs to receive value for the money spent. Although the newest acne treatments are often more expensive when initially introduced to the public, there is a genuine effort to keep costs down since not all solutions are covered by insurance. The other issue is that some people do not have insurance, making affordability a critical factor
Next Generation Solutions
Today, there is a growing number of people who prefer holistic acne treatments made with natural or organic substances. Because of high demand, a number of innovative solutions are now available.
- Treatments are designed to diminish the effects of acne or prevent breakouts. Thankfully, there are more viable solutions than ever before, which includes both commercial products and homemade remedies. However, researchers are making incredible strides in identifying a way to isolate the bacterium responsible for breakouts. Obviously, this is exciting news but even with $3 billion dollars being spent annually to fight acne, experts believe an actual vaccine or cure is still several years away.
- Probiotics play a critical role in treating and preventing acne. There are a number of things that cause P. acne bacteria on the skin to react such as hormones, genetics, and a spike in insulin level. New acne treatments that incorporate probiotics are making a significant impact since they contain good bacteria that fight acne while at the same time, help restore normal bacteria content on the skin.
- New acne treatments are also being developed specifically for children. Until a few years ago, a child 12 years of age was considered too young for treatment but because puberty is being reached much younger than ever before, children as young as six years old are experiencing hormonal imbalances and therefore, acne breakouts. Compared to earlier acne solutions, prescription and commercial products are much safer yet still effective. However, there are also a number of natural remedies that also get excellent results for children.
An Cure in the Near Future?
Keep in mind that new developments for treating acne include prescription medication, conventional topical solutions, and natural skin care remedies. Many of the treatments now available work exceedingly well but because acne affects so many people and can be difficult to treat in certain cases, experts continue to work in finding a “miracle” treatment or cure. And with the latest scientific advances and holistic acne treatments, there just may be a cure for this troublesome affliction in our near future!
If your interested in more information on effective treatments for acne, check out the following resources:
Acne No More Review ~ Acne No More – A science-backed holistic acne solution developed by Medical Researcher, Michael Walden
Blue MD Review – Blue MD – at home blue light acne treatment device that destroys acne causing bacteria on contact.
Clear Pores Review ~ Clear Pores – 3 tiered approach to treating acne from the inside-out.
My Face Pillow Review ~ My Face Pillow – Unique, Patented Pillow technology for the ultimate in beauty sleep.
Quit Acne ~ Quit Acne is a step by step holistic guide to curing acne by Lauren Geersten, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner